When we are no longer able to change a situation – we are challenged to change ourselves. Viktor E. Frankl
What is Life Coaching?
A coach is someone who helps you reach a goal or make a change in your life. You and the coach work together to establish goals inspired by your dreams, and design a plan to reach them. You commit to the plan and are responsible for taking action. Throughout the process the coach supports you, motivates you, and holds you accountable to achieving your vision for yourself. Coaching is a partnership that enables you to accomplish more than you could on your own. A life coach is not a therapist. They will focus mostly on looking toward your future, rather than dealing primarily with your past.
How Life Coaching can help?
- Gain clarity about your values so you can move in the direction of living a life of purpose.
- Get crystal clear on what you really what in your life
- Provide you with support and encouragement so you can remain motivated to reach your goals.
- Uncover what’s holding you back from achieving your vision for yourself
- Help you make a change and move forward.
- Share new tools and skills that will help you to create a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
- Learn from your challenges and overcome obstacles that may arise during the coaching process.
- Uncover limiting beliefs and replace them with beliefs of intention for balance and well-being.
- Guide you through a life transition, such as finding a new career, or looking to start a new relationship.
Why hire a coach?
There are many different reasons why someone might hire a coach. Here is a list of the types of situations that are most commonly addressed in life coaching sessions:
- Managing Anxiety and Depression
- Major decisions about relationships, jobs and health
- Weight Loss
- Career Changes
- Support through difficult times such as loss of a job or ending a relationship
- Managing difficult relationships
- Exploration of Spirituality and Personal Growth
- “Declutter” a home or office
- Discover a purpose or passion for life
Whether you are considering a career change, feeling dissatisfied with your life, or looking for a personal breakthrough, coaching might be what you need.
What Can I expect in a coaching session?
Coaching sessions are approximately one hour in length and can be conducted by telephone or in-person. The first session is a time to gather information and identify the problem or what the client would like to change. A plan is created and then carried out by the client. Coaching is very action oriented so the client can expect to work toward goals and receive on-going support throughout the time of coaching. The nature of coaching is very motivating and supportive.
The cost for coaching is $70 per session. Number of sessions required is up to the client. Some people prefer weekly appointments for accountability, while others meet on an “as needed” basis. The goal of coaching is to have the client create the change and move forward in a direction of well-being and balance. It is not to get “stuck in” or dependent on the process. In fact, this is one of the reasons why coaching has become so popular. It is about change and moving forward so you don’t need the coach.
Suzanne holds a Master’s Degree in Education with a concentration in Counseling from Boston University, experience as a Family Life Educator and is a Certified Professional Life Coach with The International Coach Academy. She also brings insight from her work as a Yoga Therapist and Certified Yoga Instructor. Suzanne is extremely passionate about the benefits of both yoga and life coaching and enjoys guiding others to discover “who they were meant to be”. She believes change is possible for everyone.