New Online Classes!
New Online Classes!
Welcome to The Yoga Place online classes! We are pleased to announce that we will be offering online yoga classes via Zoom. We want to remain connected through this difficult and challenging time. We want to touch that calm, quiet place we practice so often in our classes. We want to remain a yoga community.
Be sure to check out our special offer to new students.
Just $25 for one full month of yoga classes!
How to Sign Up for Online Yoga Classes
We’re partnering with FitGrid (a fitness technology company) and Zoom (an online live-streaming service) to live-stream your favorite classes so that you can stay active and connected during this uncertain time.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign into your MINDBODY account and ensure that your email address is correct, and that you’ve opted in to receive emails from us.
- Set your email account so that messages from “email@example.com” always arrive in your inbox, and are never marked as spam. Here’s a guide for how to do this in for several popular email domains.
- View our class schedule online the same way you always do.
- Sign up for any class with “VIRTUAL” in the name and check out normally. You’ll receive a confirmation email from FitGrid soon after.
- Once you’re within 60 minutes of the class’ scheduled start time, you’ll receive another email from FitGrid with a unique link to access the live stream. Not seeing the email? Search your spam and promotions folders. Look for subject lines containing the phrase “live-stream link”.
- Make sure you are in a place with a good internet connection–otherwise, the stream may skip!
- Click your unique link a few minutes before class is scheduled to start.
- If you have the Zoom application on your device already, you’ll join immediately.
- If you do not have the Zoom application on your device, you’ll be prompted to download it.
That’s all there is to it! Thank you for staying grounded and being a part of our community. Looking forward to seeing you in (virtual) class!
Creating Your Online Yoga Space
Here are some tips on creating a special place for your yoga practice.
Find somewhere quiet where you won't be disturbed. It doesn't need to be a large area. Set it up with with some yoga props like your yoga mat, 2 yoga blocks, a few blankets and a bolster or blankets to make a bolster.
You can visit our "Yoga Store" to purchase props. If you live within in a ten mile radius we will be happy to drop them off.
Quickstart Guide to Zoom Video Classes
What is Zoom?
The Yoga Place has set up a Zoom account to continue holding yoga classes during this time of social distancing.
Zoom is pretty easy to use and it’s free! All you need is an internet connection; laptop, tablet or smart phone; and a comfy space to settle in and let your light shine.
For those unfamiliar with using video conferencing, we’ve created this quickstart guide. Below are instructions for how to access zoom via laptop and mobile device.
How to sign up for a Zoom video class
How do I connect or “Zoom in?”
Otherwise, you will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click the “Join” link for the first time.
2Fifteen minutes before class begins you will receive an email “invitation” from Zoom (You can access this on your smart phone, tablet, computer or laptop.) that contains a link to join a class. In the email, look for the “Join Zoom Meeting” link. Also, note the “Meeting ID” number. You may be prompted to enter this 9-digit code.
Your second option is to join the Zoom session directly from the Zoom desktop/device application.
If you lose connectivity through your web browser or app, just follow the steps above to relaunch the session.
Need more help?
- Check out the Zoom help center: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us
- For more detailed instructions on joining a session, including specifics on iOS, Android and different web browsers, visit: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362193-How-Do-I-Join-A-Meeting-